Tag Archives: Myspace
Myspace has just introduced a "like" feature that syndicates out your activity to your Twitter and Facebook accounts. It is too early to say if it will bring more traffic to the struggling website but it seems that a non-negligible fraction of its users are already using it. Two weeks ago Inside Facebook was observing that Myspace new Facebbok connection was starting to grow a little, with around 761,000 uers. It will be interesting to know how it went at the beginning of January 2011. To manage your syncs , follow this link: http://www.myspace.com/my/settings/stream/sync
Oh, in the meantime of course the protest to bring the old Myspace goes on ! Interestingly enough it must be noted that Myspace CEO said they were ready to loose users, the problem will be at what rate… There is still a lot of bugs and the website is relatively slow. I would talk more about these issues in the near future in the meantime you can check MSC's Page blog for new info about the friends categories and blogs RSS feeds.
While News Corp is “wrestling” with MySpace’s future new features are added to the website, though the changes and the bug fixes are still too slow to implement for some (and I am one of them ). This said Myspace is still the number two social network on mobiles and today MSC Blog has unveiled a series of new features coming for Myspace Mobile .
The most important one for me being the video support :.
You can have more detailed informations on the subject by visiting these articles:
On the first part he discusses how an artist can stay connected to his fans :
• Geo-targeted push notifications on the iPhone app • SMS text message campaign for a free download. • Street Team • Email marketing • Facebook • Accepting credit cards at merch table via Square • Myspace • Reverbnation • iLike Read it here > http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2010/10/on-the-road-dj-shadow-an-exclusive-look-at-how-one-artist-stays-connected-to-his-fans-.html
Part two: the Shadowsphere Meets The Death Star & Reaching Fans Online :
Part three: which Marketing Channels Are Working And Why .
Maybe the most important part, read it here > http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2010/11/on-the-road-with-dj-shadow-post-3-which-marketing-channels-are-working-and-why.html : • SFITDA on Tumblr • SFITDA on Blogspot • SFITDA on Twitter • SFITDA on Facebook
Myspace which is still the number 2 social network on mobiles just released an Iphone app called "Superpost"
From their website :
SuperPost By Myspace
Post once, publish everywhere
• SuperPost is the easiest and fastest way to update all your networks at once while on your iPhone.
• Share photos, videos and updates with friends on Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter.
• The simple and seamless flow makes updating super easy and super fast.
• Update your status and post photos, videos, or links.
• Preview photos and videos before sending.
• Upload HD video while on Wi-Fi.
• Pick and choose which services to publish to.
• Broadcast your updates in your Stream and on all your networks.
• View a history of all your updates posts sent using the app.
• Post updates even while using other apps (perfect for uploading videos!)